The syllabus of the Faculty of Architecture is based on innovative learning methods (including e-learning), and the curricula are based on modern achievements in such disciplines as architecture and urban development, design arts, and fine arts.
Studying at the Faculty of Architecture you will obtain the professional title of a Master of Science Engineer in Architecture (mgr inż. arch.) which, according to the applicable regulations, shall entitle you to obtain building licence to design within the architectural field. The extensive knowledge and skills acquired by the graduates allow the coordination of works in multi-disciplinary design teams, the management of architectural and town planning design offices, independent business operation and research activities. These studies also allow employment in related sectors, as: a stage or film set designer, interior designer, designer, computer graphic (including: computer games animation, etc.), and an officer of architecture and town planning administration departments in municipality or commune offices.
The Faculty of Architecture is a leader as regards the number of beneficiaries of the international program Erasmus, within which it grants the possibility to study at one of 42 reputable partner universities in one of 15 countries. Each year around 80-100 students of the Faculty take part in the Erasmus program.
Our students are the laureates of many prestigious national and international architecture competitions, such as:
- The Zbyszek Zawistowski “Diploma of the year” (“Dyplom Roku”) organised by SARP (the Association of Polish Architects),
- the Wladyslaw Czarnecki competition for the best semester assignment,
- a competition for the annual Polish-German Integration Award BDA-SARP for a design concerning the shaping of a man’s social activity space,
- a competition under the name „My Wielkopolska” (“Moja Wielkopolska”) under the auspices of the Wielkopolska Province Marshall, Wielkopolska Province Administrator and the Mayor of Poznan, organised by the Polish Urban Planners Association the Branch Office in Poznan,
- International Velux Award and many other.
The Faculty is one of only 4 Faculties of Architecture at universities of technology in Poland awarded with category A which is granted to the best research units, according to the up to date parametric assessment of research units carried out by KEJN in 2013.